Friday, April 01, 2011

Ummm... I have an issue with this

So I have a problem..... we finally have a bank account here. That is obviously not a problem, for anyone that has ever tried to open a bank account in a foreign country that is actually quite an achievement. It took weeks, maybe 6 weeks to get to this stage with debit cards and chequebooks (yes they are quite useful her apparently). However I went to use the debit card yesterday and withdrew some money from the ATM only to be informed later that my husband gets a text message every time I spend or withdraw money out of the account! I am still grappling with how this can be possible although my husband thinks it is genius and could be the answer to our financial prayers, I am not so sure.

So the World Cup semi final was run and won and the blue boys came out on top. T and I headed off to watch a bit of the game in town but came home before the final ball was bowled (jetlag had set in for T). On the way home the roads were empty and those that worked street stalls were glued to tv and radio. We saw about 10 young men desperately peering through a fence trying to get a glimpse of someones tv. Oh to have my camera with me. You didn't need to be told the game was over, within seconds of realising victory was a certainty there were cheers, fireworks, horns - the city went crazy! I think the fireworks probably went on for about 2 hours - I was told it rivalled Diwali celebrations.

So it is we turn our heads to Saturday and the massive game against Sri Lanka. I must admit I have a very soft spot for the Sri Lankans. It should be a good game.

Today is holding alot of excitement for me, I am back to the couch shop. He called me to tell me there was a problem with the cushions so I am off to fix that. Hopefully not a serious irreversible you have already paid for the couches but this will cost extra kind of problem. Wish me luck .......

No comments:

Post a Comment