Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Delhi Diva

Last night T and I celebrated my birthday with a meal at Diva, an Italian restaurant in Greater Kailash II. It is a stylish restaurant, quite small with maybe 40 covers. Sparkling wine glasses, white tablecloths and an open fire on display where they grilled the baramundi special of the day. I sat very near this fire and it got a bit warm even though it's behind glass. So perhaps ask for a seat away from there if you visit.


On arrival we enjoyed a prosecco and the complimentary breads and beetroot soup. For entree we decided to share the non-vegetarian antipasto plate. It consisted of a crispy beetroot arancini, two prawns, delicious battered fish on a cous cous salad, my favourite prosciutto and a rocket Parmesan salad. Every thing on the plate was delicious and fresh.


For main I had the parpadelle. It was so lovely and rich, the mushroom sauce was rustic and flavourful, the pasta cooked to al dente. T ordered the creamy bacon risotto which I tried and also enjoyed. We accompanied this with a lovely Malbec red.



For birthday dessert I chose the fig and honey dish.... YUM! There was a fig flan glazed in honey accompanied by three individual slices of honeyed figs. On the side some fig flavoured ice cream plus a fancy brandy snap wheel. Presentation was lovely.


Diva has a few sister restaurants - Latitude among them which I have tried - and the standard of both these restaurants has been very good and I have thoroughly enjoyed my meals and the ambiance of the restaurants. Our meal at Diva came to R5100.


No comments:

Post a Comment