Saturday, April 09, 2011

Shopping - Sarojini Nagar

This week saw my first shopping visit to Sarojini. I had been here for fruit and vege but hadn't ventured into the clothing section yet. This market is pretty amazing, there are clothes everywhere - all shapes, sizes, colours and designs. You really have to be ready to sort through a hell of a lot of stuff. In all the piles of fabric there are some great pieces from some fairly well known brands and others not so well known. It's all about bargaining here too, so the better you are at that, the better the deals you will find. I am not very good but I think I am going to get pretty good pretty fast. If you are prepared to look you will find cheap, fashionable pieces here. There are some real gems in the kids clothes.


Other things on offer are the market staples - sunnies, bags, belts and shoes. The market itself is massive and is going to take a few visits to get my bearings.


One of the main thoroughfares - watch your step!

Water seller - comes with lemon....


Another option for your water - no lemon here

Some of the market I visited were traditional market style shops whereas other vendors are slightly more organised and have shop fronts like shown below and paved sidewalks. This is obviously the flash section! 


And here are some of my purchases, each dress was Rs 150 each (about A$3). A few dresses for S





And one for me ......



Map link to Sarojini here

No comments:

Post a Comment