Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Xmas morning at my place

Yesterday I was promised that our things would arrive from Australia, I wouldn't believe anyone until I saw that big orange Allied truck pull into the driveway. In the afternoon T got a call that the truck was 20 minutes away. About 15 minutes later I got a call from the guards telling me very cutely that my 'package' had arrived. So in it came that glorious truck full of our possessions.

22 boxes off the back of the truck and into our house... I ripped open the boxes like it was Christmas morning. This was a point I made to the delivery man but he just looked at me quizzically and smiled nervously. Kitchenware, towels, sheets, toys, clothes but most excitingly Allen's Party Mix - Yes!!! Second best discovery Rafferty's squeezy meals for S. Finally she can have 'Hearty Beef'. The delivery of our things helped it to dawn on me how important these 'things' are in making a home. I feel so much for all those people in Japan, Christchurch and Queensland that have lost everything recently with no delivery truck arriving for them.

So a day later most of our things have been unpacked and given new homes. S has more toys than I can remember her having and I don't have as many clothes as I thought I had. Oh well that can be rectified. I have a computer, I have Skype and I have contact with my friends and family. So it's happy days here at the moment. Also looking at a car on Thursday so hopefully will have wheels soon.... cross fingers, things just might be falling into place. Not speaking too soon.

Other news..... Had a great lunch today with some other girls living up here. Was really nice to get out and meet a few new people over a yummy piece of Bassa fish and a minty lime soda at Latitude restaurant.

Bought a new book Flavours of Delhi by Charmaine O'Brien which will help me to understand the evolution of food here. Also suggests good eateries around town, seems a good read. I've also discovered 'Words with Friends' on my iPhone (thanks Liz) which is helping pass the time.

It's warming up here, can really feel the change in the air. Today was only 32 but felt much warmer. Friday is 35..... getting  hotter...... god help me! For all my work colleagues who know how much I love looking at weather forecasts I think it is about to becoming predictably consistent..... Nice weather though at the moment and some beautiful flowers around.



The peacocks however are still aggressive......



Have booked an Easter getaway in Goa and July in Europe so plenty to look forward to. Hope wells where you are.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment