Monday, March 21, 2011

Sold.... to the lady that can't speak english

Comment of the day (said to me):
'I know you are speaking English, I just have no idea what you're saying...' 

Today I feel like I really achieved something. I:
- hired a driver
- bought a car
- bought 3 couches (you have no idea how difficult this is!)
- bought pots, pans, crockery and cutlery
- saw Tony Greig
- got 42 points for 'pique' in Words with Friends

My purchase of a couch today was significantly different from previous couch buying experiences. On walking into the shop there are no couches on display, just a few tables, chairs and three bored looking assistants. I asked about sofas and was directed to a board on the wall that had about 50 different pictures - these were my sofa options. I toyed with purchasing the 'Joe' or the 'Gemma' both good, however did ask whether there were any others and was directed to a magazine (perhaps the equivalent to Homes and Garden) and told you can select from here. After a few pages I saw a decent looking couch....SOLD that one please, I bought the couch off a picture from a magazine. I have no idea if they can make it or whether they have ever made such a couch before. We will see in 20 days when my fine couches arrive at home...... I am nervous. The main reason I am nervous is the man who sold me this couch is the man who is responsible for the quote mentioned at the beginning of this post.


My couch....


1 comment:

  1. I can't stop laughing.. I love reading your blog! You have just thrown yourself into their life, I think you're amazing!
    Keep it coming CC

    GG
    xxx

    ReplyDelete