Sunday, March 20, 2011

Olive Bar and Restaurant, Delhi


On Friday night T and I went to Olive Bar and Restaurant. We were lucky enough to get an outside table, it was such a beautiful setting. The focal point was an amazing tree (seen above) that curtained the edge of the restaurant. It was like the trees I'd seen in Cambodia.

The restaurant has a Mediterranean menu and the decor continues the theme - white wicker chairs, white pebbles on the floor and candlelit tables to set the mood.

After being seated and selecting our drinks the wait staff promptly bought out a complimentary artichoke soup. It was small and got the appetite going, really delicious and plenty of flavour.


We also received complimentary bread (below) that was warm and delicious. It was served alongside a mortar and pestle that contained basil, tomato, oil and garlic. We lightly bashed the concoction releasing a delicious fragrance and spread the newly created paste over our warm bread. I have never seen this done before but it was a lovely alternative to the standard bread and oil combination.


For entree T got the pork belly


and I got the soft shell crab. Beautifully presented, my meal was very tasty and a good size given all the complimentary nibbles we had devoured. The pork belly (one of my favourites) was also good and I ended up stealing a fair bit of T's off his plate.


My main was chicken wrapped in bacon. It was ok... the chicken was a touch dry and felt the mustard sauce was overwhelming. The crispy bacon that lay on top of the chicken wasn't crispy enough for me. Small criticism though.


I didn't really feel like dessert as I was quite full but I had signed up for it at the beginning of the meal. 3 courses for R1600 (I think)... can't really remember sorry. So for dessert I selected the tasting plate. My favourites being the pecan pie and the choc fudge.


The ambiance of this restaurant is lovely, the wait staff were very good although were a bit slow on the drinks. All in all it was a really lovely night out. T and I have a bit to learn though, we are yet to get onto Delhi eating time so even though the restaurant was full for our 8.30pm reservation (with tourists....) by the time we left it was brimming with Delhi's beautiful people.

Meal for two with drinks approximately R5000
With apologies for photography

No comments:

Post a Comment