Tuesday, April 02, 2013

I love the Indian Accent!

I am finally getting around to writing a post on my favourite dining experience in Delhi - Indian Accent - a must for those who love good food and feel like refreshing their idea of what Indian food could be.

I first went to Indian Accent just before Diwali in 2011, as a guest of a friend. We went for lunch and it blew me away. At the time I had no idea what a treat it was to be taken to lunch there, but now I am well aware of how spoilt I was. Since my first visit I have been back about 3 times, the most recent with my Mum, as I had to show her a different side to 'Indian' food plus the Aussie MasterChefs paid the restaurant a visit on their recent trip to the city...... so now everyone has to go don't they?

We ventured down to Friends Colony on a stunning Sunday afternoon, 5 of us (plus our newborn in the pram - who was amazingly well behaved). The restaurant was pretty quiet, just a few tables occupied but everyone already tucking into the delicous morsels.

When you arrive you receive a complimentary mini blue cheese naan which is the perfect entree into what is to come - Indian food but with an inventive, interesting twist using a variety of exotic ingredients. I am not a food blogger so I won't go into the flavours and textures but will give you a rundown of what we enjoyed.

The menu is complex so decisions are hard to make, but make we did, and here's a few pics of the results.




Sorbet course breaker in a cute replica pressure cooker



Amazing chicken
 
 
Rice crusted John Dory moilee, market green and pine nut poriyal - incredible!



Dessert platter



Goodbye treats - hmmmm umm no thanks but they look pretty.




My happy plate and my very lovely Rose.
 
 
Some of the other things we enjoyed (not pictured) were the:
chicken tikka quesadillas, swiss gruyere, pink peppercorn raita - SUPER CUTE
meetha achaar chilean spare ribs, sun dried mango, toasted kalonji seeds
soft shell crab, flame roast coconut, tomato pickle chutney - LOVE
duck tawa khurchan, mattar makhana malai
tamarind chutney glazed tandoori chilean pork ribs, tandoori aloo - AMAZING!!
slow cooked baby lamb shank, california prune and mulberry korma - yes please
 
 
All in all everything - the service, the wine, the food and the company was great. The only thing I don't love are the goodbye treats - not to my taste but hey it doesn't matter they look pretty.
 
The meal cost about Rs4000 a head and was worth ever rupee. 

If you're in the city - go there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment