Thursday, March 07, 2013

And we're back

So it's been ages since a post but I've been busy adding to our family - Charlie Thomas was born in December. His arrival took me back to Perth for 3 months. It was beautiful - summer in Perth was a complete treat. Good food, fresh air and great friends. I loved it, however after 3 months it was time to get back to my world and life in Delhi.

So 15 hours later with two kids and a very patient and wonderful Mum, we made it back to Delhi. Anil, Surinder and Tom were all there to meet us and our 6 suitcases. My divine neighbours decorated the house for us and it felt good to be here.



The best thing about the timing of our arrival is I have caught the last of the beautiful cool Delhi spring weather. It is divine and if anyone is thinking of visiting this has to be the best time.

A few things struck me on my return, things I'd missed and things I haven't.....

Haven't....
- the filthy bank notes. Oh how I enjoyed dealing with the clean aussie bank note
- the truly terrible coffee (thank god for Nespresso)
- being the object of stares from the local male population
- my children's colds and cough (both returned in about 2 days of arrival)

Have ....
- the pure delight in Sophie's face as she chases peacocks around the place and her delight in seeing them display their feathers
- everything is possible, you just need to be creative
- my house is cleaned and dinner cooked by someone else
- yoga

India has put on a real show for my first week back. The weather is amazing - ok it's not 'let's go to Cottesloe Beach' amazing - but it's cool, the sky is blue and the air is relatively clean.

I made it back just in time to celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary. It was a lovely night with French champagne and roses.




Mum's had a lovely time, to help her enjoy herself and relax after having us in Perth for 3 months we booked her into a massage at the Leela Palace at ESPA - 9.30 on Wednesday. We dropped her off and waved her goodbye. Sadly for Mum I obviously didn't make it clear enough I meant AM and they had booked her in for the evening so that didn't happen - 'can we offer you a pedicure instead maam?'. These people clearly haven't met us as we are in bed by this time, these days!

This time of year the Mughal Gardens at the President's Residence are open for inspection. Mum and I went today and they are magnificent. The variety of flowers, the colours and the layout are beautiful and free entry. Of course there is the usual high security presence - step off the lawn or I'll shoot! but you can block that out. Other annoyances include no phones, no cameras (hence no photos), no handbags, but you do get the bonus of a good touch up by the security guard on entry - always good when you are feeling lonely! But it was beautiful and a recommended outing for sure, especially in this amazing weather. Other highlight was seeing the tuk tuk named the 'Handicap Express' parked out the front plus the Imperial Hotel is just nearby so we just popped in there for lunch afterwards - ah it's nice to be home!

Other hot spots we've got visited this week include watching the 20/20 cricket, a long lunch at China Kitchen, lunch at the Italian Cultural Centre, shopping trip to Santushti and Khan Market. All very successful. Pick the expat?

So even though I adored my time in Perth more than anything and it was beautiful it is good to be home, showing off my boy to my friends and getting back into the swing of things. Delhi is being kind at the moment and it's nice to be back.
 

1 comment:

  1. This Sit Giving to The Best Information of Our services Best Massage in delhi We Have Good Experience And Confidence.

    ReplyDelete