Monday, May 30, 2011

Shopping makes me feel good!

It's heating up in Delhi so stay in airconditioning right..... not me, I've been to Sharma Farm.... Sharma Farm is h-o-t (temperature that is). S loved shopping for outdoor furniture in 42 degree heat. I think she loved it about as much as the woman at the shop who had to serve me in that heat. I have never seen a shop assistant look more disinterested.

I went there in search of a brass bowl (urli) for our entrance. Unfortunately the brass bowls were either designed for the lobby of a massive hotel or as a cereal bowl, nothing at all in the medium size. So being flexible and versatile I shifted my attention to the lovely stone lotus bowls. SOLD! It is super heavy but makes a really nice addition to the house. I plan on filling it with floating candles and marigolds to spruce the place up a bit.


Also from Sharma Farm  is my new mirror which takes pride of place in our entrance hall.



One place that is air-conditioned and a much more suitable place to be shopping in this heat is Good Earth in Khan Market. Possibly my favourite place to go when I need a little respite. Two floors of divine homewares, toiletries, babyware, jewellery, clothing, cushions and throw rugs and a third floor which is home to Latitude cafe. In Good Earth I purchased some lovely (expensive) coffee mugs and cushions for our couches.






Other things recently purchased on a trip to Hauz Khas was this tea tray - yes I know own a tea tray - they are actually quite handy.



And this is just a picture of my new mate who every week, without fail, appears at my side ready to carry my groceries when I rock up to Sarojini to do my fruit and vege shopping.




C x

No comments:

Post a Comment