Thursday, May 09, 2013

Summer lovin'

Welcome to summer Delhi.

It's hot, really hot but I'm still wearing jeans. I know it's going to get hotter and I want a buffer in place. I have 4 weeks until I'm escaping for a couple of weeks, then back into the furnace. The light at the end of the tunnel will get me through these early hot days.

This is my third delhi summer, I can't believe it, my third. When I think about it like that the time has actually flown and I have survived when, at the beginning of the season, I'm unsure if I'll make it through with my sanity. Of course I live a charmed life of AC most of the day, either in the house or car, but still if I want to bitch about it I will. It's really hot, all the time. ALL the time.

At the beginning of summer it is the cabin fever that gets you first...what the hell am I going to do with a toddler (and now a baby) for 3 long months..... Swim..... Swim..... Yes I have access to a pool, yes I'm lucky.

My family room is my sanctuary and each day over 40 degrees it just gets that little bit cosier and I get lazier. Last year I worked and it wasn't so bad (looking back on it) being occupied all day in an AC office leaving Mary to entertain Soph. However this year it is a shared problem..... And given baby's don't generally dig 45 degrees I think I'll be inside a bit.

So what's to do.

Here's my list of things to keep us all entertained over summer:

- ice skating in Gurgaon
- Stellar children's museum in Gurgaon
- walk aimlessly around a couple of malls
- plan a trip north, maybe Musoorie?
- swim.... Swim.... Swim
- make cookies, cakes and playdoh with toddler
- movies
- eat lots of mangoes
- rinse and repeat

Bring it on summer, after this one there is only one more to go on the sub continent..... I can do it. Yes I can!





No comments:

Post a Comment