Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Delhi does good

August means Monsoon and Monsoon means happiness! It rains and rains and the air is cooler. We can sit outside and enjoy a drink (and the dengue plagued mosquito's).....

This years Monsoon has brought more happiness than last years for two main reasons - this year was way hotter than last year and secondly I am pregnant this year and the heat really got to me!

People venture out alot more during the Monsoon, including us, and I've been to a couple of new places I would recommend to my Delhi friends or anyone coming to visit...... anyone......anyone......

1. Indian Accent - best meal I have had in Delhi!!! My visit a week ago was my second since I have been here but the meal was just as good as the first time, if not better. Stand outs for me were the ribs, prawns and the yummy peanut butter chicken. It is Indian but with a twist, and what a brilliant twist. The restaurant is classic and contemporary and the service is great. Only piece of advice is stay away from the after meal digestives - complimentary little morsels that are best avoided and opt for a real dessert. An expensive meal by Delhi standards but certainly worth it. 77 Friends Colony West.

2. Almirah in Meher Chand Market has great kids clothes in very cute patterns and designs. This is my latest place so if you have had a baby recently you can expect a gift from here. I especially love the PJ's and little girls dresses. Shop 38 Mehar Chand Market.

3. Chadha Tailors in Lodi Colony Main Market. Tom has bought suits from here before and they are great. Beautiful wools and colours available and a tops tailor. This time we are also trying shirts, so I'll let you know how that goes. 22 Main Market, Lodi Colony.

4. Chez Nini restaurant has seen me visit a few times lately and I really like it. Most recently Tom and I took refuge there after a terrible attempt at lunch at nearby Ploof Delhi (won't go into it but don't think we'll be going there again anytime soon). Chez Nini has a lovely owner, the decor is modern and fresh and the food is great. Highly recommend the duck burger, coq au vin and quinoa salad however even more highly recommend the churros and the red velvet cupcakes... Yum!!!! Can even get cupcakes and bread to take-away. 79-80 Mehar Chand Market.

5. Sotomoto is a great new children's furniture shop in HK Village. A bit on the exxy side for me but nice to go and have a peek.

Other places still on my love list:
  • L'Opera Patisserie - baguettes rock as do all their breads and cakes..... oui oui!
  • Sagar Ratna - quick, easy, reliable South Indian food (near work).
  • Gunpowder in HK Village - always good!
  • Brunch at a friends on Sunday morning, the best way to spend a lazy Sunday morning with hungover friends and husband even though you haven't drunk for 5 months!
That is all from me, a bit of spruiking for my hometown after the bashing it received over the summer! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment