Thursday, November 03, 2011

Lights, camera, action .... me

So as you have just read we had the Melbourne Cup here on Tuesday and this also involved an after party, this also involved too much champagne and over excitement at being asked to be an extra in a Hollywood film that has made its way to Delhi.

Some crew from The Reluctant Fundamentalist came to Olive Beach and starting asking around for people to be in their movie. Of course, I say, here's my number call me........ expecting to hear nothing of it, although I am also informed by my friends that being an extra in a film is almost an expat right of passage.

Wednesday I receive a call to go to an orphanage near Connaught Place on Thursday morning at 6 am and you will possibly be required until 4 pm. I say yes I'll see you there. Oh god, what have I done....  I then rethink it all and decide it's really not for me and pull out late that night.

Then at 12 noon I get the call that I really must come, we really need you..... (of course you do!!!) So I go down to CP and run into some friends who have been there since 6am and have had very little to do with the film (bar one girl who got to shake Keifer Sutherland's hand in a scene).

It's 1.30pm..... and nothing, the 4 of us sit around and wait and wait and wait and wait in a bare little room upstairs away from the action.

Movie set

Nothing much going on here....

At 4 pm we are called to the cafe scene and take our seats behind the stars of the show and sit, pretend talk, pretend eat and just be until they were finished with the scene. I am sure to make it big after this!!!

God knows if you will get to see my pretty little face on the big screen but keep an eye out for me.

So what do I get for 4 hours of my life ....



and the glory.....

No comments:

Post a Comment