Thursday, September 08, 2011

Big day in Delhi

So yesterday was a big day here in the capital....

Sadly at 10.15 am a bomb went off at the High Court and 12 people have died and many more injured. I have driven past the High Court a number of times and, like most places in Delhi, it is manically busy, especially at this hour of the morning. Can't imagine the scenes there, it must of been insane.

As a result of the bomb we were advised to all stay indoors and not go anywhere near India Gate or the High Court, obviously not big on my tour list yesterday anyway. So it was a quiet day watching the news and hearing of all the tragic loss.

Last night T and I then headed out to dinner at Kylin in Basant Lok. We had a really nice relaxed night but obviously talked alot about what had happened during the day. Maybe as a result of the days events, the restaurant was completely empty so we had all 15 odd staff to ourselves. I highly recommend the wok fried caramelised prawns..... yum! When we left we saw the shopping centre plastered with paper posters of the two suspects.... not sure if this will do the job but I hope so.

We got home about 10pm and went straight to bed only to be shaken awake at 11.30pm by the earthquake. I have never been in an earthquake before and it is damn frightening! The whole room shook and I shook awake my husband who promptly went back to sleep. He is amazing when it comes to sleep - nothing will interrupt it. It only lasted 6-7 seconds but it felt like a hell of a lot longer. I went straight to Twitter where the occurrence of an earthquake was confirmed for me and then Facebooked a couple of buddies. It was originally thought to be 6.6 on the Richter scale but turned out to be 4.2. I'm glad, 4.2 was enough and I am very scared to think what would happen to this city if a bad earthquake came, no one is prepared.

So by contrast today was quiet and happily nothing of note occurred......suits me fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment