Sunday, June 26, 2011

Organise chaos (aka New Delhi)

On one of my regular trips to Khan Market I wanted to buy a 'Time Out Delhi' and find a book to attempt to learn some Hindi. Can you believe when I requested the books in question the shopkeeper said 'certainly madam' and walked straight to the section and selected the book as requested. This is what the bookstore looked like.



Organised chaos
 Slightly more organised at the shoe store.... Quite a small store, with me as the only customer and 7 male staff all very eager to help.


Shoe store at Khan Market

From the selection of sparkly sandals, glittery heels and slip ons. I managed to find two pair - one a touch on the colourful side.



S loves them!
 But alas I can't do all my shopping at Khan market, there's always the groceries, fruit and vege etc.... I have decided this is my main man at Sarojini for vege. He's always got a smile on his face (probably because he is stitching me) and they have everything I need but if they don't it manages to appear from somewhere!



My greengrocer at Sarojini Market

And unfortunately shopping isn't all I do, I also lose strollers when I come off flights from Perth. Then I have to go to the airport to collect them. I went to the airport 3 times to try and collect said stroller and finally on the third visit - hurrah - I actually managed to pick it up. Admittedly I had to wait 2 hours in the 40 degree heat (in jeans!) as I wasn't allowed inside the airport. But I did take it home so it was a win. However what was more interesting was that while I was waiting I saw these bags, wrapped in canvas and sealed with wax, no locks for these guys. Ingenious!

Yes that is wax sealing these suitcases


No comments:

Post a Comment